History Boys Home
- One of the long enduring results of the social welfare department, was the construction of a Home for vagrant boys at Andheri, on a plot of land measuring 5000 sq. yards, given by the Maharashtra Housing Board in 1960.
- The Home was intended to accommodate 100 vagrant boys.
- The foundation stone of the Home was laid by Harish C. Mahindra, Chairman of the Home Committee on March 31, 1963.
- The Boys Home was opened on April 1, 1964 with three boys, each eight years of age.
- The Boys Home was accorded the status of a department in 1984. The number of boarders was increased from 40 to 60.