- With the growth of the Indian church and increase in commerce and industry in Bombay, there was an influx of Indian Christians into the city about the middle of the nineteenth century.
- On January 29, 1891, a Branch was formed with 40 Indian Christian members. Initially, rooms were rented out at Belasis Road.
- In 1914 a plot of land 2,318 sq. yards situated at the corner of Club Back Road and Reynolds Road at Byculla, was leased for a period of 99 years from the Improvement Trust.
- The building was ready in August 1915 and Lady Willingdon, the Governor’s wife inaugurated it in the presence of a large and distinguished gathering.
- The Byculla Branch building was pulled down in 1971 and a new one, the International House came to be erected in its place in 1973. The new building was dedicated on January 1, 1972 and inaugurated by Shri. Ali Yavar Jung, Governor of Maharashtra, on March 4, 1972.
- Work on the multipurpose indoor stadium undertaken in 1978 and was completed and inaugurated by the Governor of Maharashtra, Shri. Sadiq Ali, on April 20, 1979.History